Sunday, March 22, 2009

Please




I said that this was going to be mainly a photo blog, but this issue that I want to write about is very close to my heart. Most of you who know me, know that I have been a troop supporter since forever. I had my first official adopted soldier when I was in the 6th grade. He was deployed to Okinawa and he became a very important part of my life. After he came home he visited and stayed with my family on numerous occasions. So, this issue has been a big deal for me almost my entire life. There is a war going on right now. Many of us have loved ones, co workers, etc deployed right now. They are serving our country and trying to help the Iraqi people have a better life. Would it hurt for us to give a little of our time, energy and money to keep their moral up? Soldier's Angels is a great organization. I have been a member since 2007. Currently, we have 1,141 soldiers waiting on adoption. What if your loved one was on that list? It doesn't take a lot to brighten someone's day. You are only asked to send a card/letter per week and a care package a couple of times a year. How much you do is up to you. It doesn't have to be expensive.
Why don't you do something good for someone else today and click the link above. You won't regret it. I promise.




1 comment:

  1. And what a great cause it is! :D On the airplane going over I can tell you for a fact many of them were just looking at how bored they were going to be. Tony and I talk about our friends we should set up to talk, they just need some kind of support to remind them they will be home soon. : )

    Huuugs

    ReplyDelete